You’ve heard of blogging or read a blog post before (you’re reading one now!), but why are blogs important for your business? There are many benefits to publishing regular blog posts on your website. Let’s look at the reasons blogs are essential.
What is a blog post?
A blog is “a regularly updated website or web page, typically run by an individual or small group, written in an informal or conversational style.” [source]
What are the benefits of blogging?
· Blogging brings traffic to your website – when people visit your website to read the information in your blog posts, that shows Google that your website is active and relevant. Google can, in turn, push your website further up search engine results pages (SERP). The higher your ranking on Google search results, the more traffic you will likely get to your website.
· Blogging can help get more customers – every blog post you publish is another opportunity to generate more leads and turn blog readers into customers. The critical thing is to add a call-to-action at the end of each blog post. Your call to action could ask customers to sign up for your newsletter, phone with any questions, fill in a contact form, visit your physical location, send an email, or follow you on social media. Your choice of CTA will depend on your marketing goals.
· Blogging allows you to build authority – with every blog post you publish, you demonstrate to customers and potential clients your expertise and build authority. For example, suppose you’re a personal trainer. In that case, you can show your knowledge by publishing blog posts about different exercises, how to achieve specific body goals, what to eat to support your workouts etc. and position yourself as an expert on the subject. As a result, potential customers will more likely trust and purchase from you.
· Blogging assists with link building – backlinks (links to your website from another website) are an essential factor that Google considers when ranking a site on its search engine results page. When you create valuable blog posts, they’re likely to be shared by other websites, which indicates to Google that the website is trustworthy and shares great content, thus pushing it higher up their rankings.
· Blog posts can be shared on social media – do you ever struggle with having enough content to share? Well, blog posts are a great source of content, as you can repurpose parts of blog posts into shorter social media posts, infographics and much more.
If you recognise the benefit of blogging and want to outsource this to a professional, friendly company that will create high-quality blog posts that position your business as an authority in your field, Sbb Creative is here to help. Drop us a line now